A&T Project Developments Inc. would love to work with you to turn your dream home into a reality. The A&T experience begins and ends with a team of professionals who are focused on the complete and total satisfaction of you, our client. Whether you are thinking of building a home for the first time, or doing a renovation to your current residence, you most likely have a number of questions on the process and what to expect. Please review our list of commonly asked questions below and contact us at your convenience to discuss these and other questions you might have in more detail.
1. What is your experience, and how long have you been in business?
A&T has been locally owned and operated in Kamloops since 1992. Within that time, we have had a pleasure of being a partner in a variety of projects from small residential renovations to multifamily developments and everything in between. To learn more about our company, please click here.
2. Is A&T a member of any Home Builder Associations?
Yes, A&T has been a member of the Kamloops Canadian Home Builders Association since 1994.
3. Are you a member of a home warranty program?
Yes, A&T is a member of the Travelers Guarantee Warranty Program. To qualify for registration, a builder must pass a rigorous evaluation of their technical expertise, track record, financial position, and have a proven reputation in the industry. Registration attests to a builder’s commitment to quality materials & superior workmanship.
4. Has A&T won any awards for the homes they have built?
Yes, for the last 10 years, A&T has been the recipient of 20 awards, including Keystone Awards, Tommy Awards & the Provincial Georgie awards. Please click here to visit our Achievements page.
5. Can you provide us with references from past clients?
Absolutely. In addition, we always have customer references available on our website.
6. How does A&T ensure a quality home?
A&T works with a “team” of trades people and suppliers who have been carefully chosen and trained to maintain our quality of standards. Many builders use different trades and suppliers for each home, because their approach is to contract with the lowest bidder. With this system you never know who is working on your home. The benefit to our approach is that we’re getting the same “team” of people building all our homes. This is our way of ensuring the level of quality you expect.
7. I’ve heard it can be difficult to have a home built?
Home building is a complex, detailed-oriented process. Difficulties that arise between a builder and a client usually occur when there is a difference in understanding between the two. To eliminate miscommunication, A&T works with you to develop highly-detailed specifications for your new home, leaving nothing to chance. The vision of what is being built is exactly the same in your mind, your spouse’s mind and our minds.
8. What should I expect your Project Manager and staff to be like?
We believe open and upfront-good service begins with honesty, trust and good communication. Knowledgeable-good service depends on in-depth product and process knowledge. As well, prompt and efficient-good service sets and respects realistic timelines. You will find we not only work for you, we work with you.
9. What should I expect from my first meeting with A&T?
• We will be interested in knowing your housing needs and wants: style, size, features, amenities, price range, location and timing. That way they can show you the most suitable options within your interest and price range.
• We will explain our approach to design and finishing.
• We will provide you with helpful information to take home.
• We will provide you with a time frame of when you can expect a detailed pricing quote from us.
10. What should I expect throughout the building process?
• Communication. Building is a complex, detailed oriented process. Communication and mutual understanding amongst all parties is key.
• Your Project Manager will provide you a detailed schedule for when your home is to be completed.
• You will receive a financial breakdown to provide to your bank the amounts of each draw and roughly when it will be due.
• You will be updated and organized as to when what finishing items are decided upon.
11. Once my home is completed what can I expect?
• Your Project Manager will explain what is covered by warranties, for how long, and how to request after-sales service.
• You will learn what you can expect the first year, and a schedule of contact and check-ups.
• You will receive a follow up package which will ask you about your experiences with A&T and your satisfaction with your new home. We want to know what we are doing right and where there is room for improvement.
12. What if I come under budget with my selections?
A&T will refund any unused portion of your cash allowances budget.
13. Should I get pre-approved for my mortgage?
Knowing in advance how much you can borrow and securing your lender’s pre-approval for that amount makes it easier to explore your options with confidence.
14. What about my other questions?
We encourage you to bring your questions and concerns to us, we will be pleased to discuss them all.